Due to coronavirus/covid-19’s social distancing– even with mental health therapy classified as “essential” work– counseling has moved online to provide the safest option possible. This is still the same vital therapy experience we would have in my office on Tennyson Street. Most clients agree that online therapy is not too different from in-person plus they still receive the wonderful therapy support they seek, especially during this anxious time of coronavirus.
The life changes with Covid-19 morph weekly if not daily, as do most peoples’ emotions about it all. You might feel anxious and uncertain one week, then disconnected yet despising screen talks the next, and other times worried how long this will last. You might have lost your job, had to cancel a big event, have your whole schedule turned upside-down at home and work, while not getting enough true self-care.
I am offering extended hours and caseload openings to support healthcare professionals and others affected by the stressors and changes of covid-19. You might be experiencing any of the below concerns, or wish to discuss other elements of life.
- Anxiety & uncertainty from coronavirus changes for the coming weeks or months
- Stress and over-work from your job, in healthcare or otherwise
- Disconnection from friends & loved ones
- Job loss or job reduction due to covid-19
- Financial fears resulting from the pandemic
- Losses of special events or experiences (a celebration, vacation, work event, etc)
- Illness or loss due to covid-19, for yourself or a loved one
- Struggles with virtual dating
- Strife working from home with your partner