Clinical Consultation for Denver Licensed Professionals:
LCSW, LPC, LMFT
Clinical consultation serves a crucial function in clinical work as a therapist. The external processing and collaboration from case consultation deepens both our work with clients and our knowledge base moving forward to serve more.
Over the last decade, I have enjoyed providing both clinical consultation and supervision at two universities and in community mental health, and served on the university-wide Eating Disorder Treatment Team at the University of Michigan.
Consultation can explore:
- Case conceptualization
- Treatment approaches
- Therapeutic interventions
- Diagnosis questions
- Countertransference, transference
- Use of self as therapist
- Therapy ethics
My primary areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- General mental health
- Trauma and PTSD:
including developmental, acute, chronic, & complex; talk approaches and Somatic Experiencing
- Anxiety Treatment
- Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Multiculturalism, Identity, Islam, LGBTQ+
- Emotional processing, Inner child work, Long-term clinical work
- Mindfulness in psychotherapy
- Interventions for outpatient-level: Eating Disorders, Substance Abuse & Harm Reduction
- Refugee mental health
- International clinical work
- My therapeutic approach is informed by: psychodynamic, somatic, relational, multicultural, feminist, and mindfulness-based theoretical lens.
Consultation vs. Supervision Distinction
Clinical Consultation here I refer to consultation about your client cases where identifying client information is not provided, and we will discuss therapeutic ideas and next steps, yet you are not bound to move forward with my advice.
I do not offer Clinical Supervision at this time, wherein a pre-licensure supervisee is seeking required hours for licensure and working under my license.
Fees: Individual & Group Consultation
$120 per 50-minute individual consultation
This is lower than my regular session fee, as consultation is an vital and honorable element of professional development and cultivating best practice for our field and clientele.
If you and others would like a facilitator for Group Consultation, please contact me at BouffardPsychotherapy@gmail.com to discuss options.